- Yield: 1/4 cup
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 to 10 minutes
Caramel Fudge Sauce
The ultimate in indulgence, not 1 for those of us watching our calories. This condiment was created to go on Belgian waffles with a fresh berry salad for my step daughter Tia's 15th birthday breakfast, not a dirty plate in the house! Seriously delicious with anything banana, marriage made in heaven.
When I make this I don't always use cream. I actually prefer using sour cream so its not overly sickly sweet. I have also used Greek yogurt if I don't have the others on hand.
- Butter - 2 tbsps
- Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Essence (extract preferred) - 1/4 tsp
- Sour Cream/Double Cream - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Heat a small heavy based saucepan to a medium temperature, around 5 or 6. If you don't have a heavier base simply reduce temperature setting to soften heat. Firstly add butter to melt.
- Once melted, add brown sugar. Stir constantly with a rubber spatula scraping the sides and bottom making sure nothing sticks or burns. If you feel its cooking too quick turn it down.
- When sugar has dissolved add your choice of sour/double cream and vanilla. Continue stirring till you have a nice smooth thick consistency. Check all the sugar has dissolved, feel free to add more cream if its too thick, serve as desired!
Store this in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Warm in the microwave for a few seconds to bring it back to a liquid fudge consistency.Add to Favourites