Ossobuco is a Milanese speciality of cross-cut veal shanks braised with vegetables, white wine and broth.
- Tomato Paste - 1 tbsp
- Parsnip - 1
- Osso Buco - 1 kg
- Onion (large) - 1
- Carrot (large) - 1
- Garlic - 3 Cloves
- White Wine - 125 ml
- Peeled Tomatoes - 2 Tins
- Beef Stock - 1 1/2 Cups
- Orange Zest - Few Strips
- Oregano - To Taste
- Parsley - To Taste
- Flour (Seasoned) Osso Buco and fry off
- Heat 1-2 tbsps of oil and 1 tbsp of butter.
- Add crushed garlic and diced onion, cook 2-3 minutes
- Add all vegetables - cut roughly to same size, cook 5 minutes
- Add Osso Buco, tomatoes, tomato paste, zest, herbs, wine and stock seasoning.
- Cook covered in oven for 2 - 2 1/2 hours Medium to Low Heat.